Receiving unwanted text messages can be annoying and disruptive, especially when they come from unknown numbers. Thankfully, Android allows users to block these messages quickly and easily. In this blog, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to block texts on an Android device. Learn How to Block a Text on Android?
How to Block a Text on Android?
How to Block a Text On Your Android Phone
The process for blocking text messages on an Android phone varies slightly depending on the device you are using. We’ll outline the steps needed for both stock (unrooted) and rooted devices below.
Stock Device Steps:
- Open your messaging app and find the conversation containing the unwanted message. 2. Long press on the conversation until the menu pops up with options like “Delete” or “Mark as read” 3. Select “Details” from this menu 4. Scroll down until you see “Block number” 5. Tap it once, confirm that you want to block this number, and you’re done!
Rooted Device Steps:
1. Download an SMS blocker app from Google Play Store
2. Open up the app and select “Add Number”
3. Enter in the phone number of the sender whose messages you want to block
4. Click save and all future messages from that number will be blocked automatically
5. You can also use this app to view a list of blocked numbers or unblock previously blocked numbers if needed
Blocking texts on an Android phone is easy and straightforward, whether your device is rooted or not. By following these simple steps, you can ensure that any unwanted text messages are blocked quickly so that you don’t have to deal with them again! Whether you’re looking to stop someone from harassing you or just want some peace of mind, blocking texts is a great way to make sure those pesky messages stay out of sight and out of mind!